01 February 2009

Bridget’s Phantasm

If somebody can tell me the way to peel a soft boiled egg without
destroying the edible part I will say nice things about you the next time I write in this blog. Send me an e- at russianxak@sbcglobal.net.

Today is Bridget’s Day, the return of the light, the blessing of the wells, the first stirrings of seeds in the ground. If you are a Celtic Pagan you will be dancing and making music and generally raising holy hell on this day. I didn’t pay a lot of attention to Bridget myself because I slept most of the day. I got up at 6, went to sleep in the easy chair at 7, woke up at 10, went back to sleep until 1pm. That is Old Dog behavior and it scares the poop out of me!

I had a really strange dream sometime during all that sleep. Courtesy of, I don’t know what. Wish I could decipher it. I think dreams are some kind of message from a Higher Power and one time years ago I participated in a dream workshop at a Catholic retreat center and learned a lot. Now I have forgotten it. But I am having a hell of a time forgetting this dream.

Here it is:

I attended a weekend workshop with a bunch of people mostly including neighbors and family from my married years. It was given by people who advocated something that I wouldn’t have touched earlier with a ten foot pole because my ex-wif3e was big in it and it had to do with Church and I thought it was a cult. But we all had conferences and dialog and all that psycho-energetic stuff and when it was over we were all in love with everybody. I was I love with everybody including my ex- (no I am not going back to her in real life). Totally, to the core. I saw all the mistakes I had made in all of my past life from birth and they were all somehow wiped away. I was friends with my (former) spouse as well as being in love with her, pals with my kids. Part of the exercise, after the weekend was a trip to Ottawa, Canada (don’t ask, I don’t know either). On the trip (we went in a Jeep that Mark G. drove, in real life he died about a year and a half ago) we went through sites where people, big industry, were building new bridges out of steel. In Ottawa we wound up at a ‘40’s Greyhound Station with a ‘40’s black bakelite phone what I used to try to call my Mom. It didn’t work. Then we drove to Hastings, Nebraska to the seminary I used to go to school at. I showed my ex- the Plains (like, you know, flat for miles, as far as the eye could see, and all newly plowed…) Visited with seminary people from of old, classmates, teachers, priests. Don’t remember that we did anything but eat supper.

But the feelings just about killed me. With joy? I don’t know. Even after I woke up and sucked down gallons of coffee and went shopping and driving in the real world, I couldn’t shake this universe-moving feeling of “What have I missed all these years?” I don’t know if it was sad or joyous. But it’s there down to my core even now at eight o’ clock at night. I would like it to go away. Or, at best, just have wimpy, absurd, fluffy dreams tonight. Any clues out there? Tresa??? If this is about getting centered with the Universe I would rather have it in smaller doses. If it is about getting rich and ordering pounds of tobacco from Europe I want every last detail. If it is about the shortbread cookies I had during the news last night, I will never eat them again!

My sometime friend Tommy M. died last week. He had a heart attack, got two stints surgically implanted, came home and sent emails to everybody about how well he was doing. And dropped dead. Ta!

3 comments:

  1. This really feels like you've come to terms with your past. And I mean
    everything in your past except your mom it's like you've accepted but
    she's not available. The whole catholic thing with your ex & the
    seminary were paths taken that didn't lead to your ultimate
    destination. I can't explain Ottawa I actually have no explaination
    for Canada at all;-) Just my humble opinion feel free to post it to
    your blog if you like. Glad your feeling better.
    Luna Wolf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe it's just a what if kind of dream? I have those sometimes but not nearly as deep as yours. Dad, that's pretty deep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Actually from T. in Lima) just getting to my e-mail....yep, just read your blog....wow!

    ok..first off...peeling the boiled egg. Soon as its done boiling...drain eggs and put them in ice water right away. fast cooling prevents the shell from sticking. make sure that there are actual ice cubes in the cooling bath. leave them in the cooling bath for 30 minutes....add ice cubes whie waiting if they melt off. Then, gently tap and roll the egg to loosen the peel. the peel should come off easy for you after this.

    onto the next...the powers that be rarely give you things in small doses. Usually it is a swift cosmic 2x4 upside the head that leaves you rattled, and a bit confused. From what I read of your post, it seems those above us decided that you needed reminded of the past, of how things could have been... of the present, how things are today... and of the future, so that you may change some of the ways you will deal with things that are to come to pass.

    You felt both joy and sorrow about what could have been... and whimsical (or maybe slightly confused) about what could be. These are very common responses to dreams/visions from the powers that be. Unfortunately, the powers don't give us simple humans clear and direct information. I doubt they ever will. It seems to me that they enjoy watching us through the various stages of figuring out their messages.

    On the whole, I believe it is about reminding us of the decisions we have made in the past, weather good or bad, so that we can connect stronger to the powers that be in order to avert making the same mistakes twice. Also, that we need to be ever mindful of the universe around us, and that everything we say,do, or think, does in fact have a direct influence on it.

    I think I might post something similar to this in my blog as it has brought me some deep introspect.

    Hope this helps darling!

    ReplyDelete