01 August 2011

Relationship Locomotive.





When I was  old enough to roam part of the town by myself, trains looked like this. Except for steam engines. I thought they were gigantic, a little scary, and probably a lot of fun to drive.  This railroad is long gone and so is the engine, an F-series EMD (General Motors) locomotive.  It might be pulling a train across the bridge from Louisville to eventually run down 15th Street past my Uncle Benny's lumberyard in New Albany.

The Dodge Coronet over on the right side is a beauty too.  Send one for Christmas please.  Nobody makes nice cars in America anymore.  Since about 1995 they have all looked like suppositories or turds depending on how you feel about them.

I had a conversation with Bee-Bee last night. Pretty short.  She had some troubles on her mind and I asked her if she might want to sit on a bench by the lake and talk about it.  In front of God and everybody.

"Well I don't know, I thought you were going with Jinx.

"What's that got to do with it?  I'm not going with anybody.

"Well I'm not ready for a relationship right now, and I don't want to be seen running around with some other woman's man.

"Wait a minute.  I'm just talking about a conversation.

"
Well you know when Flay was going to school she walked in with some guy who belonged to another woman and she threw a rock at her and cut her head. And she needed ten stitches.

"When was this?

"About 1943. 

Bring me Little Abner and a Doctor Pepper!  I think that when all little girls from Kentucky were about 11, some preacher, or nun, or mother, or uncle, told them that whatever a man asks if you, it's about having sex. No matter how he frames it. Or a relationship. (Infer sex...)  Well there you go.  And you wonder why I read mysteries and take naps.

I am going to find the Meals On Wheels lady and help her with her deliveries.  Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment