10 August 2009

Big Doings in the Fair City

...or Fair Doings in the Big City. Take your pick. This past week I have:

- had abdominal cramps for a day and a night because I ate some too-old refried beans out of my own fridge. This was not nice and I will heat them with a blowtorch next time.


- broke up with a girlfriend. I know you're all ready for the juicy details but you have to talk to me in person to find them out.
- been babysitting a hedgehog named Codger who snarls when I feed him.
- been sleeping normally and not all day. This has been very good for chores and appointments.
- have seemed generally peaceful in and out of the rain.


Why I mistrust organized Bishops (from ABC News Australia):

"Catholic Archbishop of Melbourne Denis Hart has been accused of saying to a sexual assault victim: "Go to hell, bitch". The Age newspaper has obtained court transcripts which show the outburst happened after the woman knocked on the Archbishop's door at 1:20am in March 2004"

We had a spectacular accident on North Main Street yesterday near where I used to live. Possibly one driver had a medical problem and jammed his foot down on the accelerator. Possibly another driver got road rage thinking the first one was doing some oneupmanship and also floored it. They both hit solid things (10 blocks down after hitting 12 other cars on the way) at Main and Forest, driver #2's car blew up after his full size Cadillac was reduced to the size of a motorcycle and he blew up with it. The other driver shuffled off this mortal coil shortly after in the hospital and 10 other people were removed by ambulances. What actually got this going may never be solved but it made some great pictures.

Now I am going to have some cheerios for supper so Ta! to all of you good and mellow citizens!





No comments:

Post a Comment