11 March 2009

A NEW BABY IN THE HOUSE

Not in my house, thank you! The Mother of my two godsons has had another. She is happy and squishy around the middle and I hug her gently. The kid’s pretty small, not bigger than a breadbox. His Dad suggested a couple names during Mom’s pregnancy that were so off-the-wall that she banished him to Iraq with the Air Force. The new kid’s name is Ethan Adam but it reminds me of furniture so I call him Adam Ant.

I got a picture of him hand delivered before he was born, one of those (watchu callit…) ergonomic ultra-something. I can never see baby in those damn things, just a lot of light and dark spots. I call it Storm Over the Atlantic and it is here for you to see.



I also got a picture of him after the fact (of his birth) looking like a little satisfied Winston Churchill and you can look at this one too.



I went to a Baby Party last weekend at this pizza place where everybody brought presents and themselves and sat crowded at tables that were too small for all of them. They passed the kid around and everybody to hold and they did. So did I. Told him “You’re going to be seeing more of me…” and he went “Goo-goo…” I hear that the second child in the house carefully places all his stand-up combat figures on the kid when he’s asleep. This is not jealousy, it is a desire to grow up and fight with people daily. One of these days soon I will go goo-goo the kid and goo-goo his Mom....




.....who is one of the great beauties of my existence. See if I don’t! Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment