12 September 2010

Duck Issues



I have a resentment against ducks and geese.  They settle in a place for the winter, now that the winters are warmer around here, and they leave stuff.  Months of stuff.  Sometimes year-round of stuff.  In Mt Vernon, Ohio there is a beautiful reflecting pool at the state hospital surrounded by a concrete sidewalk.  Guess why most people don’t go to the reflecting pool? 

Softball diamonds around here work the same way just as soon as a low spot and winter puddles develop.  Then when you rip and grade it with a tractor in the spring, it’s hard to breathe.  Also during rainstorms.  Makes me want to quit enjoying driving tractors. 

If I were King I would get a good Savage .22 with some long rifle ammunition and…….well.  It would be a lot more fun to shoot them out of the sky.  They’re flying along and  there’s a kind of spasm and then they drop straight down like rocks!  Trouble is they’re too damn greasy to eat.

Pigeons belong in this category too.  Besides having an IQ of 4 they try to nest on my upstairs front porch in the winter.  I do shoot them.  With a pellet gun.  Enough is enough!

No I won’t shoot your deer.  But I have to admit that venison is very tasty and very (low fat) healthy.  Especially makes totally awsome chili!  Yo Bambi!  Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment