03 February 2010

WHO WE KNOW.

The daily news on the Internet is a laugh a minute. I start each day laughing once I get both eyes open. For instance: “Terrorism threats will decline with death or capture of Bin Laden and other top operatives.” I think that, for somebody, that’s the real world. But could it possibly be that those top honchos are very intelligent and sophisticated and that each of the most important ones has an understudy who can immediately take over in the absence of Number One? La! It must have been a Talking Head who said that.


People ask me now and then if I belong to that outfit for ex-drunks and it usually goes something like this: “You part of them Triple-A’s?” And I say “Yarp.” Being in the Triple-A’s gives me a familiarity with parts of life that most people don’t see. When I talk about it, a little, they shake their heads and start reciting that Psalm about the
Valley of Death. Because they are convinced that I’m daily on the edge of danger. I do have to say that some of my best friends are:

Executives

Ex-Prostitutes (Sex Workers to put a point on it)

Jailbirds

Jail Birdies

Supervisors

Bus drivers

Working Sex Workers

Teachers

Nurses

Lawyers

Doctors

The Unemployed

The Great Unwashed (usually washed soon…)

Bikers

Bag Ladies

…all of whom are attempting to stay clean and sober one day at a time. Anything but that is nobody’s business but their own. But it makes a hell of a conversation piece the few times it comes up.

Ta!

1 comment:

  1. Triple Aers. Right. Daveon says triple a. Look at his age lol. I have lots of people asking me the same thing. Only they tell me surely you weren't one of them. That's how much I have changed. Went from the bottle to church. I know a lot of people do just that but it has really stuck to me. Staying sober is no longer a chore or necessity for me. Staying sober these days seem to come easy for me. I attribute that to the one and only God. And also to the mental health system for realizing there were underlying problems and am on stabilizing drugs to help with the mental health problems. It sure is a different world. One I need with sunglasses alot of time because I am looking at a lot of things like it's the first time I have seen them. I have never been a strong person and now am having to be really strong in assuming different responsibilities. I am now the legal guardian of a teenager and that brings about a whole lot of new stuff. What do I do. I pray for God to help me in the morning and I pray to God at night to thank him. I always try to help others. As a matter of fact, the salvation army has offered for me to go to a seminar for disaster relief. It's an all day training and it will allow me to go and help others involved in hurricaines etc. I am anxiously awaiting that as it seems that is part of my calling.
    We must do lunch. Call me when it would be good for you.. If you want to that is. Things have been hopping around here. Courtney is in school. I have made all kinds of contacts that I am supposed to be making and right now all is surrounded around Courtney. Eating and spending me out of house and home. Can't get mad at her. A med she is on (Depacote) makes her eat all the time. Thankfully she has her mom's metabolism. No fat. And when it comes to "things", they really are things she needs. She is on her way to a field trip today at the airforce museum. I don't think she has ever been there so she should have a good time.
    I still love you
    Kim

    ReplyDelete