05 May 2009

My Kingdom for a ......

We have had the Kentucky Derby. A trailer trash horse worth a mere nine thousand dollars, named Bird of Mine (or Mine of Bird?) won by six lengths and made the six-figure thoroughbreds pee the track in embarrassment. The actual race lasted something over a minute. The celebrations for the race lasted from the evening before with wine, bourbon, various sloshes, strange hats and dress suits and went through the race to the various sloshes and dinners in Louisville afterward. It was more fun to watch on TV, have lasagna for supper. We will hope to attend next year. If our wealth permits.

If any of you have a little dab of Scotch, or maybe a good splash of Old Night Train I have two Chinese pipes which probably are unsmokeable. But I would like to try the alcohol treatment to be sure. They appear to be made out of oak(?) or Oriental Badwood. Which is fine for whiskey barrels. I figured the price of $6 each was worth the risk, seeing as how they were made in a refrigerator factory on a bad Monday. I didn't know what they were fashioned from until I sanded the half inch of black lacquer off the outside surfaces. We will see.



There was an alien spaceship watching my friend’s house the other night. You could see it glowing and reading our thoughts when the moonlight succeeded in punching through the clouds. A day later it had blown away and was no longer a threat. Ta!

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww..... just when I thought I was gonna get the chance to find my alien parents! lol!

    ReplyDelete